By using the Website and/or the Service, you confirm that you accept these Terms and that you agree to be bound by them. If you do not agree to these Terms, you must not use the Website or the Service.
- Member must be fair and honest in all his dealings with Caribbean Home Swap and other Members and in particular and without prejudice to the generality of the preceding words;
- a Member must ensure that his home offered for swap is fully and accurately described and illustrated on his listing;
- a Member must ensure any Negotiation with other Members is conducted in good faith with an intent of Home Swap and that he is open, truthful, fair and reasonable in all such Negotiations;
- a Member must be courteous and hospitable in all his dealings with other Members and must be responsive to all reasonable requests.
- Member may not act in a manner that brings Caribbean Home Swap into disrepute.
- Member may not cancel a Home Swap Agreement without a valid reason such as death, illness or other unforeseen circumstances beyond the Member's control.
- Members should not register a Swap unless they intend to fulfil that commitment.
- Cancelling or changing a registered Swap can have financial consequences to you and your Swapping Partner.
- You will honour any and all obligations you make to Swap Partners and use your best efforts to mitigate any loss caused by your failure to do so.
- If, for any reason you cancel or change a registered Swap (with or without justification), you will assist your Swap Partner in making substitute arrangements, finding alternative accommodations, paying reasonable compensation for such accommodations if necessary, and/or by reimbursing your Swap Partner for non-refundable travel expenses.
- The Club will assist in these efforts if contacted by a Member. However, Caribbean Home Swap is in no way responsible for and shall have no obligations to assist with a Swap that is not registered through the Websites.
- If you fail to fulfil any obligations, as determined in the sole discretion of the Club, your Listing may be removed from the site and your Membership may be permanently cancelled, without refund.
- If three Complaints are made against a Member he shall be liable to termination of his membership at the discretion of Caribbean Home Swap and the Board.
Member's Offer Home
- Member must ensure that his home offered for swap
- is available for swap;
- is fully insured for fire, theft, burglary and, so far as is possible, accidental damage;
- is clean
- contains all the facilities described in his listing.
- Member must ensure that any vehicle offered for swap is in good working order, legally compliant and, except as is notified to and agreed with the swapping Member, comprehensively insured.
Respect for Property
- Members must ensure that they respect each others' Property at all times and in particular and without prejudice to the generality of the preceding words;
- Members must ensure that they keep the Exchange Property reasonably secure at all times and comply with the terms of any applicable insurance policies both in this respect and in respect of any other insurance condition communicated to them by the owner;
- Members must accept responsibility for any uninsured damage caused by them to the swapped Property.
- Members must ensure that any Pets are, so far as is possible, free of vermin including worms and fleas, vaccinated and otherwise free of health risk and clean. Members must also ensure that areas of the home to which pets have access are cleaned.
- Members must apply high standards of care to Pets.
- Member must register on the Database under his Home Country. A Member may list a second home or holiday home situated outside his Home Country.
Currency of Listing
- Member is responsible for ensuring that his listing is kept current and up to date.
Use of Database
- Member may use the Database for the purpose of negotiating Home Swap and for no other purpose. A Member contravening this Rule is subject to immediate termination at the discretion of Caribbean Home Swap.
- Member shall keep confidential at all times all information obtained on the Database and all other information obtained from other Members.
Responsibility for negotiations
- Members accept that they are solely responsible for all negotiations for Home Swap with other Members.
If you are a Member,
- you confirm that you own the credit or debit card you provided us with details of when you became a Member (or any subsequent or replacement credit or debit card you ask us to use for payment of your membership fee and any other amounts payable by you in connection with the Service).
- All credit or debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer.
- If the issuer of your card refuses to authorise payment, we will not be responsible for any non-provision of any aspect of the Service.
- We are not responsible for your card issuer or bank charging you as a result of our processing of your credit or debit card payment.
- "Board" means the Board of Directors of Caribbean Home Swap.
- "Complaint" means a complaint made by a Member to Caribbean Home Swap that is upheld by the Board to the effect that another Member's actions are in contravention of these Rules.
- "Database" means the Caribbean Home Swap international database operated at the domain names caribbeanhomeswap.com and any other domains on which the Database may be maintained from time to time.
- "Swapped Property" means any Property which Members have agreed to swap and which is occupied or used during the swap and in particular and without prejudice to the generality of these words Property that is the subject of a Home Swap Agreement.
- "Home Country" means the country of normal residence (at least six months per year) of a Member in which his principal home is situated.
- "Home Swap" means the process of exchanging homes for vacation or holiday purposes or of providing rental, hospitality or other services facilitated from time to time on the Database.
- "Home Swap Agreement" means an agreement for Home Swap in Standard Form entered into by Members and Notified to Caribbean Home Swap.
- "Caribbean Home Swap" means Caribbean Home Swap International and includes its Representatives.
- "Member" means a member of Caribbean Home Swap who has registered a listing on the Database.
- "Negotiation" means any negotiation conducted orally, by email or in writing.
- "Notified" and "Notification" means in relation to a Home Swap Agreement notification of such Agreement to Caribbean Home Swap.
- "Pet" means a dog, cat or other pet and includes any animal or bird that might occupy a Member's property, garden or surroundings.
- "Property" includes homes, vehicles and all other forms of Members' property.
- "Representative" means an Agent or Local Organiser of Caribbean Home Swap.
- "Standard Form" means the standard form of Home Swap Agreement provided by Caribbean Home Swap.
- References to the plural include references to the singular and vice versa.
- References to any gender include references to all other genders.
- Headings are for convenience only and do not affect the interpretation of any Rule.